Monday, July 26, 2010

Super Summer 2010--reflection from week 4 and prayer requests for week 5

Hello!!

Week four was a very good week. Thank you all for your prayers both for me, and for us as collegiate staff. Our working together as a team improved greatly this past week.

Here's something to celebrate: 28 new believers!!!!!!!!!! God does some mighty work, doesn't He??

The orange team was the "Orange Ops", our mascot was dressed in orange with twigs and such taped to him. We battled it out at the B.L.A.S.T. games against "Golden Corral", "Bluebonic Plague", and "Green Gangrene". Diseases are popular this year!

God had work for me in the encouraging room only once, this time the decision was for salvation!!! Besides the girl I talked to, three other girls who were in my family group accepted Christ. What a HUGE honor and privilege it is to have been part of something so much greater and grander than myself! It's really cool how God can use those who are willing to give it all over to Him. That's a lesson I've been learning since I got here. God is the one at work here, though. Only He can change hearts and lives and draw people to Himself. And what an amazing experience it has been thusfar to watch Him do it! I'm really excited because there are still two weeks left of camp; I can't WAIT to see what He has planned next!

This week I had Blob duty. Basically what that entails is me sitting on the dock, making sure that the kids are following the rules so they stay safe. It's a one-person job, so not the most exciting thing in the world, but still good. It was cool to get to know some of the students just a little bit better. One big plus about it? I got so much tanner this week! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayer requests for the week ahead:

1. Pray that we would continue to work together as a team, and continue to get better at doing it. Just because we did some things right this last week, doesn't mean that we don't have more to learn about it. Pray that we would all keep that in mind, and that we would all be open to learning and growing more.

2. Pray for the students who don't know God personally yet. Pray that God would make them uncomfortable until they realize it's Jesus they need, and He's the only One who can fill the void in their lives.

3. Continue to pray for physical endurance, strength, and awake-ness (Ok, so that's not a word, but you know what I mean). I feel that week after week, my body just gets more and more worn down. Pray that the food we eat would give us the energy we need, and that the sleep we get would be restful.

4. All other prayer requests are still in effect as well.

*Shout out to my CBC youth that are coming this week!!!!! I'm so excited to see what God has for you all!!!! (Aaaaaaaannd I'm excited to see you! :D)*

As always, I am so so so grateful for your prayers!!! Goodbye for now, and until next weekend!! :)


Lots of love!
Carly <3

1 comment:

  1. As we are excited to be coming to spend the week with you! I'm excited to see not only what you've been up to all summer, but what GOD is up to! See you soon my darling!

    ReplyDelete