Sunday, August 1, 2010

Super Summer 2010--reflection from week 5 and prayer requests for week 6

Hello, hello, hello!

Before I forget (like i have been for about 3 or 4 weeks now), you can go to http://supersummerpodcast.com/ to hear the messages from the camp pastors!

So this week, the orange team was "The Orange Burning Bushes". I thought that was a really neat idea. We were up against the "Gold Diggers" (shout out to the CBC youth!), "Blue Tsunami", and the "Dancing Green Lima Beans". Their silent cheer was the best--remind me to show it to you next time you see me. :) I would also love to show you ours, it was pretty awesome as well.

God is so cool!!! This was a really good week for getting to know my kids. Several of them were an encouragement to me throughout the week. Not because they did anything in particular to intentionally make me smile, but several of them just did by their actions, and the way they reflected good, solid walks of faith. I also felt that because I had some really receptive students, I was able to pour into them more easily than I've been able to in the past...so that was really neat.

I only went to the encouraging room once, but what a true blessing it was to see a young girl recognize that she could be seeking God more in her everyday life, and that she knew she needed to give Him everything she has, not just pieces. To see a youth seeking God's heart like that was REALLY cool.

I never get tired of seeing God's hand work and move in the lives of these students. That's definitely the coolest part of this job. Week 5? Awesome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So here are some prayer requests for week 6--our last week here at Super Summer!

1. Pray that we as a c. staff wouldn't get comfortable in the amount of unity and team-ship we've gotten to. If we get comfortable, it'll only go downhill. We may have gotten much better at this, but there's always room for improvement. Pray that this would still be something we're striving for!

2. Pray for us, that we would be focused on our tasks, the students, and MOST importantly that we would be focused on God. If He's our reason for doing all of this, then He'll make sure we're taken care of. Also pray for focus because this is our last week. We'll be doing lots of things differently so we can wrap everything up and prepare to go home. Pray that we won't "check out" before we leave, but that we'd stay 110% committed to God's work here.

3. Pray for us as we go back into the mission fields of our homes, towns, and soon enough schools. We know that the enemy is far from happy with us, and he's going to do everything within his power to cause us to stumble when we get back home. Pray that we would keep in mind where the attacks come from, and pray that God would just hold him back from us. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is excited to really make my home my mission field (more so than ever before), so Satan will try to stop that from happening.

4. Pray that we would all enjoy each other's company for our last week of camp. It's going to be hard to leave these wonderful brothers and sisters! We've made bonds that have helped us through this experience, and it's the Spirit who binds us together in unity; So it's a strong bond.


Thank you for all the prayer!!! God's not done yet! Pray that He would continue to do what only He can do, and move in this place!!


Lots and lots of love!
Carly <3

No comments:

Post a Comment